Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Whats been keeping me busy?



I know it has been a few months since I posted, I do appologize for that. My time has been consumed with a booth my friend and I have opened up in a local emporium. We named our little booth Polkadots and lollipops, you can find it on facebook. We do all kinds of stuff but mainly children's clothes(see above photos). We try and sew twice a week together and we let our kids play while we sew. We have been very impressed with how well they play together. I am hopeing that we will open up an etsy store soon.
So the time that I would usually blog, I have been sewing. I learned to sew from my grandmother Cotton. I made my first quilt with her and I still have that quilt. I learned to sew on a singer sewing machine that wasn't all digital like the one I use now. It has been quit a few years since she taught me how, I was probably in elementary school or early middle school when I learned. I never really thought I would ever really get into sewing, but I have really enjoyed it and any questions I have, I usually call her but thankfully I haven't had to many problems!
On another note, can you believe it has already been a year since Dylon's surgery? I think this time last year we were either on a plane headed out to Houston,Tx or we were already there. It is so amazing to watch him and know just how big of a miracle he is. God really held our family during this time and we are forever thankful of the outcome we received from the surgery. I will probably blog on the 4th (actually anniversary). We are taking full advantage of this warm weather, hope you are too!
Love y'all!

Shelli






No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones