Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Dylon's Surgery





As some of you know over the past ten months, we have been going through some tests with Dylon (oldest twin). We went to Texas Medical Center (houston,Tx) about six months ago and talked to a cardiologist(dr.Slesnick) and the chief surgeon of pediatric cardiology Dr. Charles Fraser and at that time had decided that they wanted Dylon to come back in 6 months and do somemore testing on his heart. It was a big relief at that time to know that he wasn't gonna have to have surgery as long as he didn't have any of the affects of his condition. His condition: Double aorta with an atretic left arch, his right arch having a major narrowing in it, a vascular ring around his esaphogus, and repair of the left subclavian artery that attatches to his left arm.
Over the past couple of months he has been coughing and gagging, so two weeks ago we were scheduled to go to Houston,Tx TCMC and have an sedated MRI and an echo as well as speaking with the cardiologist and the surgeon. The MRI went really smoothly and we had high hopes as to him not having surgery. The next day we went in to speak to Dr.Slesnick and go over Dylon's M.R.I. Once he showed us the picture of Dylon's narrowing in his aorta, I knew that he was gonna have surgery mainly because of the progress in narrowing it had since his last M.R.I. Dr.Slesnick said that surgery would have to be performed in the next 3-6 months, my heart just sank, noone wants there child to have to go through this or any surgery. We also spoke to the surgeon who said that surgery would take six to eight plus hours. It is a type of cardiovascular surgery so they will go in through the sternum. His recovery will take up to three weeks.
We don't have the surgery scheduled yet, I called last week to make to appointment and I should get a call back this week for his scheduled date. Please keep us in your prayers as we face this time.
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be (Psalm 139:13-16).

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones