Monday, July 13, 2009

Some News about Me!

So I have become totally and completely addicted to Crystal Light. You know the little packets you add to a bottle of water. I have been trying to cut some calories, so I figured this would be a good way, they are only like 5 calories compared to 160 calories in a can of Soda. Im cutting back on the soda and adding up on the water.

There's more news about me, I didn't just write a blog about my addiction to Crystal Light.
I have been a stay at home mom for 4 years now, and it has been such a blessing to me. I love to know that I was there for every milestone my boys made as a baby and I loved that.

Here's something you may not know about me...I have an associates degree in Arts and got the degree at Central Alabama Community College also known as CACC. I received a tennis scholarship there and played for two years and was ranked as high as 12 nationally. I had chances to go to a private university to further my education and play tennis, but came home for the summer to teach tennis and fell madly in love with my now hubby who just happened to be home from Tech school. We had dated prior to that summer, but how does the saying go, "If it comes back it's meant to be"...well we were married 5 months later.

At the time my hubby was in the Air Force, we were stationed at Barksdale Airforce Base, Louisiana. I had planned on finishing up my degree in elementary education at LSUS, but got pregnant 4 months after we got married and so my thoughts of school were kinda tossed to the side and I became a stay at home mom(the hardest yet most rewarding job). And so here I am today getting everything ready to .... start school...thats right!! I have changed what I want my degree in and I have decided to go for Sonography, but mainly Echocardiograph Technician. After going through this with Dylon, I have become so very familiar with Echo Tech's and find this job to be so interesting and rewarding. Rewarding??? an Echo Tech was the one who saw Dylon's special heart and had it been misread then where would we be now? I feel like I can relate to these parents and kiddos.

I will start school around the first week of August...I haven't registered for classes yet. They open up registration this week, I hope to get everything on one day and if not in one day then hopefully at night. Even though I have Associates Degree, I still have more basics to do before I get to really start on Sonography part of it all. I was told that since it's been 4 years since my last Biology class, I will probably have to retake that. I will be taking classes locally at a junior college. I am really driven and ready to start learning..I am nervous about doing this, but I know that it will be great and the reward will be in the end.

What will my boys be doing? D and H will be attending their usual preschool and L, well I haven't really decided on him yet. I think that my mom will watch him or he might attend school with D and H. D and H's school age starts at 2 and L want be 2 until October, but I've talked to the teacher and she said we'll try him out and see how he deals with it.

So keep us in your prayers as we balance this out with our already busy, busy, happy, fun lives!
Love Ya'll!
Shelli

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones